Evaluation and Diagnosis

Riley ABA & Autism Center does not provide evaluation or diagnostic services, but we recommend the following local providers if you are pursing an evaluation for your child.
  • First, you want to find a developmental pediatrician, pediatric psychologist, or psychiatrist that can diagnose. Make sure to call the doctor's office and explain what you are needing to see if it is a good fit.
  • Second, you want to know what to expect from an evaluation. This varies depending on the provider. Generally, you can expect some paperwork and an appointment or multiple appointments that can be lengthy. Make sure you ask your provider about length of time and if there is any paperwork you may need to fill out ahead of time.
  • Third, ask what type of testing they use. The testing varies as well, but two well-known tests include the ADOS or Vineland-III.
Why do I need this? A formal medical diagnosis from a licensed professional is vital to getting your health insurance to cover ABA therapy. Above all, ask questions of your provider so that you can feel well prepared and informed prior to your appointment.

Kansas City Autism Evaluation & Diagnostic Resources:

Jordan Psychological Assessment Center

6720 W 121st Street, Ste 101

Overland Park, KS 66209




Beyond the Individual - Dr. Katrina Ostmeyer

10551 Barkley Street

Suite 205

Overland Park, KS 66212




Children’s Mercy Hospital Developmental and Behavioral Sciences Clinic

2401 Gillham Road

Kansas City, MO 64108


Children's Mercy - Developmental & Behavioral Clinic


The University of Kansas Medical Center - Center for Child Health and Development

3901 Rainbow Boulevard Kansas City, KS 66160


University of Kansas - Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Care